Solicitor Review Request
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING REVIEW OF YOUR CASE BY THE SOLICITOR PRIOR TO YOUR COURT DATE
If you wish to request review of your case by the Solicitor and/or to dispose of your case in absentia, please follow the instructions below:
- The Solicitor in Probate Court represents the law enforcement agency that issued your citation. He offers this service as a courtesy to individuals who wish to communicate with him prior to their court date. You are encouraged to seek competent legal representation if you have questions or concerns about this process.
- The clerks in the Probate Court can only answer general questions about this process, your citation, and your court date. They are prohibited by law from providing legal advice.
- Complete the form and submit it prior to your court date.
- Once the solicitor receives this request, your case will be reviewed and examined by the solicitor and a determination will be made by him as to granting your request to enter a plea in absentia
- If the solicitor chooses to extend you a plea offer in absentia, your formal plea offer will be emailed to you.
- Once you receive the formal plea offer, please read it carefully, follow all instructions, and contact the probate court if you have any questions.
- If you have already paid, you are NOT eligible for reduction request
- If you pay with credit card then cancel that payment, then do a plea in absentia request, you must appear in court