- To apply for a firearms license in this court, you must be 21 years of age or older and be a resident of Bleckley County. You must present a photo I.D. and proof of your current Bleckley County address.
- If you are 18 years of age or older you may apply if you show proof that you are actively serving in the armed forces or have been honorably discharged.
- Cost of new license: $78.25.
- Cost of a renewal license: $30.00.
- All permits must be picked up in person. We don’t mail.
- Renewals: 90 days prior to expiration – 30 days after expiration
- After the applicant has been processed/fingerprinted, the Probate Court will review the relevant histories and make a determination regarding the applicant’s eligibility.
- Fingerprinting Times: Fingerprinting is currently being done by the Bleckley County Sheriff’s Department. Fingerprinting is temporarily being done by appointment only. Appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9:30-11:00 and 1:30-3:00. Please call our office to schedule an appointment prior to coming in.